Thursday, May 3, 2012

Calling All Ideas for Honeymoon Registries!

Yes, the wedding is still seven months away. And yes, the honeymoon isn't until summer 2013. But I like looking around now, because you can never be too prepared! ;) Brenden and I had a couple ideas kicking around for a honeymoon. He wanted Sweden, Iceland, or Labrador. I wanted Spain, Ireland, or Hungary. Then we remembered we're broke, and set our sights to something more reasonable.
... Yeah. We're that broke. So we remembered an old favorite! Prince Edward Island, Canada! My parents and I went there for about six years in a row in the early 2000s. It's been six years since I've been, and I've been itching to get back. It's perfect in that sort of charming folksy way. I mean, they have a Potato Museum! How can anyone in their right mind pass up a place whose website logo is "Have you ever seen a giant sculptured potato?" (a website that can be found here!). And it's just about as magical as it sounds. But P.E.I is much more than giant potatoes and Anne of Green Gables. It's the raspberry cordial, the rolling hills, the tiny amusement park Ferris wheel that when stopped at the top allows you to see all the way to the ocean. It's all the nooks and crannies of the island that I've come to know and love, and all the things I didn't appreciate before because I was fourteen and couldn't be bothered with anything that didn't involve my music and finding a boyfriend (yes, we all go through that phase!). But I'm so excited to relive the simplicity and beauty of the island as an adult, especially with my love. Hence, what we want instead of a traditional registry is a honeymoon registry. I'm the youngest of four kids, and Brenden's an only child, so we have all the apartment stuff we could possibly want, except a good crepe pan and a nice knife block (always good ideas!). We want to go on a honeymoon that's special to us, and possibly not have to harvest our organs to do so. So I've been researching some honeymoon registry ideas, like Traveler's Joy, Honeymoon Pixie, and Honeymoon Wishes. So my question is this for anyone who has any input, comments or experiences: 1.) Is there such a thing as a free honeymoon registry (i.e. no fees of any kind) 2.) If there are, how would you rate these services? 3.) If not, which registry would you most recommend? Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment